We will open our Sweet Cherries for picking on Saturday, June 12th. We have several varieties of sweet cherries:
- Dark red (black)
- Red/Yellow blush
They each ripen at different times and will be ripening over the next 10 day period, depending on the weather.
- The sweet cherry trees are very tall (15 – 25 feet). For good picking, you should bring your own ladder.
- Be sure to dress appropriately (closed shoes, long pants and sleeves) as you may run into poison ivy/sumac in the orchard area, among other hazards.
- Please bring your own containers. We have buckets you may borrow to pick in, then you can transfer to your own containers (bowls, tubs, buckets, etc.)
- Check in at the market first for directions and to weigh the containers you are picking in.
- $1.50 per pound to pick
- $1.25 per pound when you pick between 50 and 100 pounds
- $1.00 per pound if you pick over 100 pounds
Note: Some of the cherrries have been damaged by hail and excess rain.
Picked Sweet Cherries:
We have them available to sell at the market now for $3.00 per pound.
Check back around June 17th for an update on Sour cherries. We have a lighter crop than normal this year and have not set the pricing yet.
Finally, we had to share this picture of one of our young customers with one of our beautiful greenhouse cucumbers! Hope to see you for Cherry season, Beth.