Strawberry U-Pick Information:
Will open on Wednesday, June 12th at 8:00. We will be open daily from 8 until 11 am.
Length of season: Our early berries are ready now and our later berries are just beginning to ripen. We expect the U-Pick season to last about 10 days to 2 weeks.
Our goal is to always have good picking for our customers. So we will close the field when all the picking for that day is complete. Depending on how many people come out in a given day, there could be some days that we will close before 11 am. Picking will be on a first come, first serve basis. Given the cooler weather this June, we may have to close on certain days for ripening.
To get the latest picking information, check our website, our facebook page or our answering machine. You can call the night before or the morning you are trying to come to make sure we are open. With the price of gas, we wouldn’t want anyone to make a trip only to find out we are closed!
Location: The strawberry fields are located on AL Jones Road, between Corey Lake Road and M-60. You may go directly there, just look for the signs as to where we are picking each day.
Please plan to visit our main market when you come, located on Corey Lake Road. We have greenhouse tomatoes, cucumbers, and asparagus for sale!
**Additional U-Pick Strawberry information:
- U-Pick Strawberry pricing will be $1.50 quart. Please bring quart containers if you have them, if not, you may purchase or borrow ours but bring containers (bowls, tubs, etc.) to put them in to take home.
- We are trying something new this year which is dedicating a section of the field for those who want to come out for the farm and U-Pick “experience.” We know there are many families who would like to have their children understand where their food comes from and how it grows. For this group, the “experience” is almost more important than how many berries are picked. If you fall into this category, we will give your family information on how berries grow and show you how to pick them. When picking in this section, each person picking will be allowed to pick up to one quart so we can hopefully accommodate all who come.
- Please dress for strawberry picking! Due to the rains this week there is plenty of mud. The foliage is wet in the mornings so long pants and long sleeves along with rain boots is suggested.
- If you are trying to pick larger quantities of berries (over 5 cases or 80 quarts), please call us in advance and we would like to try to work with you to schedule you in on a day when we have lots of berry availability. Ask to be put on our “large quantity list.” 269-244-5690.
- U-Pick Strawberry times: We will open the field at 8:00 am and it will remain open until we are picked out or until 11:00 am. We plan to open each day weather permitting closing only for berries to ripen if the weather turns cold. If we close the field for ripening, we will make that decision the day before, so please call us the day/night before you plan to come to make sure we are picking that day. For safety, we will close the field during a lightening and thunder storm.
Here’s to a good strawberry season, Beth and everyone else at Corey Lake Orchards