Produce available on the market this weekend includes asparagus, rhubarb, tomatoes and cucumbers from our greenhouse. Nothing like asparagus on the grill for a holiday weekend cookout! See the end of this post for a great recipe one of our customers gave us for a sauce to put over your asparagus.**
Bedding Plants and Flowers: We have flats of vegetables, tomatoes, flowers and herbs that you can mix and match for your gardening needs. We have a good selection of hanging baskets and pre-made flower arrangements in unique pots. Bakery: This weekend in the bakery we will have available:
- Pies: Apple, blueberry, cherry, chocolate, rhubarb, strawberry rhubarb and a new one: blueberry rhubarb! rom number!
- Bread: 12 grain, whole wheat, cinnamon.
- Cinnamon rolls and sticky buns.
- Donuts: blueberry, buttermilk, and cherry.
- Cookies: frog shaped cut outs, monster (peanut butter/m&m/choc.chips & oatmeal), and lemon. If you would like to reserve any baked goods please call us at 269-244-5690 북해의 별 다운로드.
A note from the bakers: the number one question we have been asked so far this year hasbeen “Where are the donuts??” Well, we are so happy to be making them for you this weekend!! We will have them from now on every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Our new summer flavors are blueberry and cherry, and we will still have the same buttermilk donuts that we made last fall 17 어게인 다운로드. The new flavors have been taste tested by many of our coworkers (very willing guinea pigs), and they have all given a thumbs up! We look forward to seeing you this weekend.
Update from Becca: Those of you who have stopped by the market have probably seen the garden coming to life 웜 바디스 다운로드! I started hundreds of plants over the past several months and it’s nice to finally get them out of trays, into the ground. This weekend, the market will have limited quantities of spinach, curly kale, and Swiss chard. All of these were raised without synthetic chemicals. There will be more and more within the next couple of weeks, and I will be harvesting lettuce and other greens soon.
- Finally we are able to plant hot season crops! This week we got in our eggplant, peppers, tomatoes, squash and melons 실적증명서 다운로드. Today we planted 3000 new Jewel strawberry plants (those large, tasty strawberries we all love) for the 2015 season.
- If you were driving by you saw us painting our peach trees trunks Download abap source. This is their 4th year and they have “outgrown” the tree guards we put on them when we first planted them. Many of you have asked why we do this. Painting fruit tree trunks with white latex paint can prevent the bark from splitting and cracking off. Splitting can happen when the tree is exposed to freezing evening temperatures, followed by a daytime thawing (as you know a fairly common occurrence in this state!!). The painted white trunk helps reflect sunlight during the daytime hours and keep the tree warmer at night. It also helps protect against rodent damage, mice and voles can girdle a tree under the snow cover smtown the stage 다운로드. Even better, we have found that rabbits don’t like the taste of paint.
- Strawberries: We are thrilled to see so many strawberry blooms and little strawberries forming…..we anticipate strawberries will be ready about mid-June this year Hangul edition of Google Talk.
- Market beds are planted: A huge thank-you to Cathy who puts together all of our planters and market beds each year….can’t wait for the old potato planter she planted this week to fill out!
- The U-Pick Herb garden is being planted. This was quite popular last year, this year we have moved it by the parking lot, you can pick the herbs you need on your way up to the market. We’ll let you know when you can start cutting them, they need a little time to mature first Cartoon Wars bug pan apk download.
- The Terrace Garden is planted. We have lots of specialty and heirloom tomatoes planted, as well as peppers, eggplant, spinach, kale, chard, leeks, herbs, mustards, collards, and more 세븐 나이츠 핵 다운로드. We are also using this space to grow gladiolas, cosmos, sunflowers, zinnias, and other flowers for cutting.
Rivers of Justice Film Festival Drawing: With the chance of frost we think finally gone, we drew the winner of our large tomato plant contest for those that entered the drawing during the Rivers of Justice Film Festival in April. And…..the winner of her own patio cherry tomato plant is Ruth Eichler, congratulations!
For the second year, the League of Michigan Bicyclists’ (LMB) with the Pedal and Paddle Bicycle Tour stopped at our farm. We were their last stop after a three day event which included a combination of 130+ miles bicycling along rural roads and paddling down the two of the local rivers. We loved hosting them and thank them for coming to our area.
From everyone at Corey Lake Orchards, Happy Memorial Day weekend, enjoy the weather and thanks as always for buying local. **Asparagus with Honey Garlic Sauce
- 1/2 cup Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 cup of dark ale or beer
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Mix the above ingredients together and pour over your asparagus however you normally fix it: grilled, sautéed or steamed. Enough to cover about 2 – 3 pounds of asparagus. From the National Honey Board, www.honey.com