Asparagus: Because of the cool weather, we aren’t able to pick asparagus every day yet. So, please call ahead to make sure we have it or place an order at 269-244-5690. We did pick today (May 1) and hope to pick again on Saturday (May 3). We hope to start filling larger orders soon.
Bedding plants: We have our “cold crop” plants available now which you can already plant in your garden! These include: cabbage, kale, Brussels sprouts, various lettuce varieties, broccoli, swiss chard, kohlrabi and onion sets. When it gets warmer, we will start bringing in the other vegetables and tomato plants.
Mother’s Day ideas:
- This year, consider some of our special Mother’s Day items we are putting together. Many of our local vendors will have their items on the market on Mother’s Day Weekend, including local honey, cards, art and Ruth’s famous pecan and cashew brittle. We will also have a nice variety of flower pots and hanging baskets.
- Why not buy Mom a “living” salad? We will have large tomato plants for the patio or to set outside—they are already blooming, staked and some have little tomatoes on them. Pair these with one of our lettuce bowls. They’re planted with cold-tolerant greens that can be put outside now, and the lettuce can be picked and it grows back! Grab a basil plant in one of our colored pots, then add a bottle of your Mom’s favorite salad dressing and you have a healthy gift she can continue to enjoy.
- An arranged flower container for the patio or door step for Mom. Once again we will be making up special containers with flowers and herbs. Come see the many unique containers available for sale at all price ranges. If you have a container you would like us to plant, bring it over and tell us what you would like in it.
Bakery Update: Our bakery will open for Mother’s Day Weekend. Our first day will be Friday, May 9th. Feel free to call us to place an order so that you are sure to have what you would like for that weekend. 269-244-5690.
Baked Goods for Mom:
- Cookies: Large flower sugar cookies, giant M&M “Monster” cookies, and Lemon
- Pies: Apple, Blueberry, Cherry, Chocolate Cream, and Strawberry Rhubarb.
- Also 12 Grain Bread, Whole Wheat Bread and Cinnamon Rolls