Sorry, we posted yesterday that we would have sweet cherries this weekend for sale….but….when we went to the trees and tried to pick some, we found they just weren’t sweet enough yet! They looked good but they don’t taste ripe. We’re very sorry, we will not have them this weekend and we hope to be able to pick some next week, check back with us.
So….you need to enjoy strawberries as this will probably be the last weekend for them. Since it is going to be a hot-weather weekend, this is the perfect time to make a fresh strawberry salad. Since we have so much beautiful lettuce right now grown naturally by Becca, we are offering a pairing special of one quart of strawberries and a half pound of lettuce for $6.00. The simple recipe that I use is here and we will have copies at the market.
Simple Strawberry salad:
- Prepare lettuce in a bowl
- Wash and cut strawberries (use as many as you like in a salad)
- 4 tablespoons liquid honey (available at the market)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (available at the market)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (available at the market)
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed (optional)
(If you don’t like a sweet dressing….use less honey or no honey…I leave honey out of mine.)
Topping suggestions: Pecans, walnuts and feta cheese….all optional
We’ll leave you with some strawberry images that were captured today……Have a great weekend!