Happy May! Hard to believe how fast this month is going by, isn’t it? The most frequently asked question of late has been: When will greenhouse tomatoes be ready? Answer: Soon! We might be picking some this weekend, but it will take about a week for us to be able to pick in quantities to keep up with demand.
Here’s what we have on the market right now:
Asparagus: We have plenty of asparagus now with the warm weather of this week Rebenger. Asparagus pricing this year is $2.50 a pound; 3 pounds for $7; or 5 pounds for $11.50. If you get 10 pounds or more, it goes to $2.20 a pound. If you want large quantities (like 20 pounds or more) it helps us if you can call ahead and order it and we can get it ready for you. 269-244-5690.
Rhubarb is ready! Available now for $2.50 a pound. f you need 10 pounds or more, ($2.00 lb) please call us to order in large quantities 바운드체커 다운로드.
It’s time to plant! The 5 plus inches of rain we have had over the weekend and into Monday have put all of us behind in being able to do spring planting. We are going to work hard to get everything in before it rains again on Saturday! Lots of plants left here this week for home gardens…..we still have a good selection of everything but don’t wait too long in order to get what you want 픽슬러 에디터 다운로드.
- Cole crops: Cabbage, kale, Brussel sprouts, various lettuce varieties, broccoli, chard, and spinach
- Flower annuals: We have a huge selection of flower annuals….too many to list
- Tomato plants: We have a large selection of tomatoes (all the ones that we grow here in our own fields) plus mini tomatoes like grape and cherry
- Other “heat loving” vegetable plants like peppers, cucumbers, melons, squash, and eggplant
- Hanging flower baskets: We have lots of hanging baskets, including some of the favorites we carry every year
- Lettuce bowls, for your “pick your own salad”
- Specialty pots made up with flower and herb arrangements
- Large tomato and pepper plants for your patio, porch or yard
Straw: We have extra bales of straw available for your mulching needs. They are $6/bale or 4 bales for $20.
We are currently harvesting lots of lettuce from our certified organic hoophouse as we make room for more plantings 드래곤 푸어 다운로드. So we will have it on special for $5 a pound this weekend while it lasts. We also have some kale and limited spinach – call if you want it for sure and we’ll put some on hold for you.
The bakery’s offerings for the weekend will be:
- Cookies: Flower Cut Outs, M&M “Monster” Cookies, Ginger Molasses, S’mores, and Lemon
- Pies: Apple, Blueberry, Cherry, Peach, Rhubarb and Strawberry Rhubarb
- Breads: Whole Wheat, Whole Grain, Cinnamon, Hamburger and Hotdog Buns
- Cinnamon Rolls, Sticky Buns, Yeast Donuts
- Cake Donuts: Buttermilk, Blueberry, and Cherry (made on Friday, Saturday and Sunday only)
In the bakery freezer case you can find:
- Local gluten free items from Gluten Free Sensations in Three Rivers: brownies, cookies, cinnamon rolls, cherry and apple pies, and granola 프린트 다운로드.
- Pork products from Jake’s Country Meats: brats, pork sausage links, bacon, and snacking sticks.
New gift items on the market.
Hard Ciders, Wine and Brandies: We have lots of ciders, including Brunch, Ginger, Hometown Hero, Hopped, Currant/Cacao, Sweet, Semi-Sweet, and Dry ciders 매일미사 다운로드. We also have our full line of Hubbard’s Brandy, Double Cherry Wine, and Kaiser Cyser. We plan to start our tastings and tours for the year on Memorial Day weekend. Stay tuned.
Our cider is also available at The Local in Centreville, The Riviera in Three Rivers, Dussel’s Farm Market in Cassopolis, and Craft Beer Cellar in Grand Rapids Forza Horizon4 demo. We will re-open our cider and brandy tastings on Memorial Day Weekend.
Happenings on the Farm:
We emptied the rain gage frequently and sighed each time we went by the “lakes” in our fields. But we took advantage of the “waiting to dry out time” by continuing our spring spruce up around the farm, putting paint brushes and rollers to work, even on the famous herb garden bird 소설 txt 파일 다운로드!
This week apples are in full bloom, it is one of the most picturesque spring scenes. We are delighted to see the bees out doing their job and even more delighted that there haven’t been any frost or freeze events so far this spring Download 7seeds.
You might have noticed an entire grape vineyard gone on the hill side just east of our market. These were white Niagara grapes that we sold to Welch’s for juice. However, the demand for white grape juice is down and thus so is the market for these. So you will continue to see us taking out grapes as the year goes on 스타크래프트 에쒸비 다운로드. We think white grape juice is delicious, so if you know of anyone looking for a lot of white grapes for a commercial product, please let us know. We’d love to find some new customers and markets for these.
The first vineyard that is gone is going to be planted in sunflowers. We will be having our first sunflower festival in August and are in the planning stages now. We have lots of great ideas for this and are teaming up with ten other farms across the United States who are also in the planning stage to share best practices. More to come! Meanwhile, we have a great sunflower book for sale here at the market and sunflower seeds for little ones wanting to plant sunflowers. It even comes with a pull out measuring tape to keep track of how tall the sunflowers grow!
Everyone at Corey Lake Orchards thanks you for buying local!