We’re opening for the 2018 season on Friday, May 4th with our normal daily hours of 8 am to 6 pm, 7 days a week, including holidays! Are we ready? We are in spirit, as we can’t wait to have our customers back. But…..you may find we don’t have everything quite together as the 3.5 inches of rain combined with a drain problem flooded our market and bakery building last night. We are all cleaned up and drying out. So….if there is something you’re looking for that you don’t see–ask us, it may still be in the back daview!
The winter to summer weather has pushed everything along quickly. So if you are out this weekend, you will be able to enjoy cherry and peach blossoms! Simply breathtaking!
We have asparagus up, but due to the rain, we cannot get in to pick it Sakuranbo. As soon as the field can dry out and we can get in, we will have it available. So please call before you drive out to see it we were able to pick. We are happy to take your order, just call us at 269-244-5690 and we will call you when we can fill it.
Fresh local rhubarb: $2.50 lb
Bedding plants: They are here!!
- Cold Crop: Cabbage, kale, brussels sprouts, various lettuce varieties, broccoli, chard, and spinach
- Flower annuals: We have a huge selection of flower annuals….too many to list
- Tomato plants: We have a large selection of tomatoes (all the ones that we grow here in our own fields) plus mini tomatoes like grape and cherry
- Other “heat loving” vegetable plants like peppers, cucumbers, melons, squash, and eggplant
- Hanging Flower Baskets: We have lots of hanging baskets, including some of the favorites we carry every year
- Lettuce bowls, for your “pick your own salad”
- Specialty pots made up with flower and herb arrangements
Straw: We have extra bales of straw available for your mulching needs sketch-up rendering. They are $6/bale or 4 bales for $20.
We are currently harvesting lettuce from our certified organic hoophouse and more greens will be here shortly.
The bakery will also open for the year on Friday, May 4th, and yes, they will be making donuts that day. Amy and Michaela had to test the donut machine today—so everyone working did their part to eat the donuts–we proclaim the donut machine is good to go! It was so great to have a donut after being deprived since fall RixModern Gothic Download! (Reminder: we make our cake donuts on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.) For Mother’s Day Weekend, feel free to place your order in advance.
This weekend’s offerings will be:
- Cookies: Flower Cut Outs, M&M “Monster” Cookies, Ginger Molasses, S’mores, and Lemon
- Pies: Apple, Blueberry, Cherry, Peach, Rhubarb and Strawberry Rhubarb
- Breads: Whole Wheat, Whole Grain, Cinnamon, Hamburger and Hotdog Buns
- Cinnamon Rolls, Sticky Buns, Yeast Donuts
- Summer Flavors cake donuts: Buttermilk, Blueberry, and Cherry
Hard Ciders, Wine and Brandies: We have lots of ciders, including: Brunch, Ginger, Hometown Hero, Hopped, Currant/Cacao, Sweet, Semi-Sweet, and Dry ciders. We also have our full line of Hubbard’s Brandy, Double Cherry Wine, and Kaiser Cyser.
Our cider is also available at The Local in Centreville, The Riviera in Three Rivers, Dussel’s Farm Market in Cassopolis, and Craft Beer Cellar in Grand Rapids 윈도우 레드스톤 다운로드. We will re-open our cider and brandy tastings on Memorial Day Weekend.
Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 13 this year!
- If you a on a quest for a unique gift for Mom, Grandma, Aunt, or other person who has nurtured you as a mother would, we are here to help. Looking for a gift from nature? Peruse the variety of pretty flower or herb arrangements already planted in fun containers (made by our own creative Teri and Terri) or lettuce bowls for a salad that continues to grow through the season or purchase bedding plants from flowers to herbs to veggies and create your own potted design scratch program.
- Another gift idea is using our fresh produce. We can tie raffia to make an asparagus or rhubarb bouquet for your favorite cook. Organic greens, a favorite? How about a bag of lettuce, or spinach with a salad spinner to clean the greens in the easiest, most efficient way? (If she doesn’t own a salad spinner, these are a must have Movie Emergency Download. They really make it so much easier to get your greens clean.)
- Check out the ceramic work by Mollie whose whimsical bowls were in the market last season. She just delivered more stock which includes vases and single stem flowers for hanging that will serve as a lasting reminder of your thoughtfulness.
- If the smell of fresh baked goods is a favorite, consider the options from the bakery. Think muffins, donuts, dessert bars, pecan rolls, cinnamon rolls, pies, cookies, bread, and more 갈매기 다운로드. What could be more comforting than a basket of baked goods?
- For Mother’s Day (and for any day that you need a gift) Peggy is happy to help make a basket up for you, starting at $10 and adding in what you want. So whether you choose plants, market produce, baked goods, adult beverages, local honey, maple syrup, or spicy mustard or one of our select gift items, a basket can be the perfect present. We really enjoy working with you to share the gifts that celebrate the seasons of life. Call and talk to Peggy, or leave a message for her to call you back, and she will create just what you need in the price range you desire web icon.
- We can also do gift certificates to allow them to pick out their own goodies. We can do these over the phone with a credit card or mail out for you, or have them waiting for the gift recipient to pick up here.
Happenings on the farm: We’ll catch you up next week, just know it’s happening! I am grateful for our employees and several contractors (Roberts Excavating and Mason Harvey Hersherger) who came to our rescue today with the flooding issue so we could open on time. Some employees mopped, cleaned and moved everything, while the bakery and market staff patiently worked around everything to continue opening day readiness! Huge thanks to Liv, Terri, Teri, Teresa, Adolfo, Amy, Michaela, Patti, and Peggy Ducking of Fighters 98. (Becca would like to note that Beth deserves a huge share of the credit for getting us ready today as well. Thank you, Beth!)
Everyone at Corey Lake Orchards thanks you for buying local! See you soon!