This holiday weekend, along with all of you, we’d like to extend our appreciation to our veterans and active service members for all that they have given and sacrificed. We’d like to treat any veteran or active service member who comes to the market over the weekend and on Memorial Day to a free cake donut. (Yes, we will be open our normal hours of 8 until 6 on Memorial Day.)
Here’s what we have on the market right now:
Asparagus: We have plenty of asparagus now. Asparagus pricing this year is $2.50 a pound; 3 pounds for $7; or 5 pounds for $11.50. If you get 10 pounds or more, it goes to $2.20 a pound. If you want large quantities (like 20 pounds or more) it helps us if you can call ahead and order it and we can get it ready for you 동사무소 다운로드. 269-244-5690.
Rhubarb: Available now for $2.50 a pound. If you need 10 pounds or more, it’s $2.00 a pound., please call us to order in large quantities.
Bedding plants: Yes, it is time to get your gardens finished….or for some of you, started! Memorial Day has always served as a marker for when gardens and flower beds should be planted and finished. With the wet soil this year, we are all struggling to get things planted! We think it’s okay if you’re a little behind, but it’s a good weekend to get it done just the same Download The Conan Disappearance.
We still have a good selection available of:
- Cool-weather crops: Cabbage, kale, Brussels sprouts, various lettuce varieties, broccoli, chard, and spinach
- Flower annuals: We have a huge selection of flower annuals….too many to list
- Tomato plants: We have a large selection of tomatoes (all the ones that we grow here in our own fields) plus mini tomatoes like grape and cherry
- Other “heat loving” vegetable plants like peppers, cucumbers, melons, squash, and eggplant
- Hanging flower baskets: We have lots of hanging baskets, including some of the favorites we carry every year
- Specialty pots made up with flower and herb arrangements
- Large tomato and pepper plants for your patio, porch or yard
Straw: We have extra bales of straw available for your mulching needs. They are $6/bale or 4 bales for $20.
We are currently harvesting lots of lettuce from our certified organic hoophouse so we will have it on special again for $5 a pound this weekend while it lasts. We also have lots of kale and the last of the spinach available!
The bakery’s offerings for the weekend will be:
- Cookies: Flower Cut Outs, M&M “Monster” Cookies, Ginger Molasses, S’mores, and Lemon
- Pies: Apple, Blueberry, Cherry, Peach, Rhubarb and Strawberry Rhubarb and Blueberry Rhubarb
- Breads: Whole Wheat, Whole Grain, Cinnamon, Hamburger and Hotdog Buns
- Cinnamon Rolls, Sticky Buns, Yeast Donuts
- Cake Donuts: Buttermilk, Blueberry, and Cherry (made on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Memorial Day Monday)
In the bakery freezer case you can find:
- Local gluten free items from Gluten Free Sensations in Three Rivers: brownies, cookies, cinnamon rolls, cherry and apple pies, and granola 짱구 쿵후 보이즈 다운로드.
- Pork products from Jake’s Country Meats: brats, pork sausage links, bacon, and snacking sticks.
Some of our U-Pick Herbs are ready. Find bags, scissors for cutting around the neck of the bird overlooking the herb garden. A list of what is ready is posted at the market.
Hard Ciders, Wine and Brandies: We’ve got lots of ciders available! Plentiful Brunch (maple vanilla), Hopped, Sweet, Semi-Sweet, and Dry. Also, our Prince Tribute Cider is back! We’re nearly to the end of Ginger, Hometown Hero, and Currant/Cacao, so pick those up ASAP since they might not last the weekend Samsung Hangul. We also have our full line of Hubbard’s Brandy, Double Cherry Wine, and Kaiser Cyser.
If you’re looking for our cider outside of our farm, you can visit Rooster’s Wing Shack in Three Rivers, The Riviera Theatre in Three Rivers, Dussel’s in Cassopolis, Craft Beer Cellar in Grand Rapids, and as always, The Local in Centreville, Michigan.
Brandy tasting and tours return this Saturday with Bruce from 1 – 3 in the brandy room. We will also be starting up our cider tastings like we offered last year. From 4-6 on Fridays and 3-6 on Saturdays, join Becca at the market for hard cider happy hour. We’ll be doing bottle pours and have many of our ciders on tap for flights and growler fills as well. We were really pleased with how these worked out last year, so we are readying the same space at the side of the market where you can sit, enjoy a drink and pleasant conversation, with a view of the lake and our gardens Live morning is good download. We look forward to seeing you rain or shine!
Local Products: We try to offer as many local and Michigan made products as we can. Our market is beginning to fill out with some of these and you’ll find them in the cooler, to the bakery to around on various shelves and the wall. You should be able to get just about everything you need for your weekend activities right here….from bread, to cheese or meat to accompany your fresh produce.
Happenings on the farm:
Check out the antique blacksmith’s table in the center of the market for lots of information about what is going on here locally and in Michigan. We encourage you to discover some of the many treasures we have here in St. Joseph County. The 2018 Michigan Farm Fun directories came. These are a “must have” for your vehicle glove box in order to visit the many wonderful farms in your travels around the state Listen to free music download. We are proud to be a member of the Michigan Agritourism Association.
We were able to plant additional apple trees along with sweet and tart cherry trees before the next rain came.
We getting a lot of questions on strawberries. So here’s what we know. They will be later than normal due to the cold spring. Please check back with us the week of June 5th for more information pc카카오톡 다운로드. They are blooming and forming strawberries and it looks like it will be a good crop this year! Next week we will finalize pricing and start taking orders for flats. Nothing like a Michigan strawberry!
Thanks as always for buying local, from everyone at Corey Lake Orchards. We hope everyone has a pleasant and safe weekend.
Our family is committed to this area and are working to support the community in every way that we can to have it be the vibrant town of yesteryear. Here is an update from Dave Vago, Executive Director of DDA, Three Rivers 카톡 구글 다운로드.