The heat of the past few weeks was information enough to know that summer was here. But for many, summer really isn’t official until there are fresh green beans and just picked sweet corn. We started picking green beans on Monday, and we will pick our first sweet corn (bi-color) of the year on Friday! We checked it early this morning and sampled it right off the stalk, so sweet 맥북 부트캠프 다운로드! Give us a little time to get it picked before you come over to get it Friday morning, please!
Since we are on the subject of heat, please do a rain dance for us…we are irrigating around the clock, but much of what we grow cannot be irrigated. Sometimes when I am out in the orchards or vineyards, I swear I hear the trees and vines sighing, as they try to get through another day without a drink 정밀지도 다운로드.
- Sweet Cherries are hopefully going to return this weekend, thanks to the bumper crop in Traverse City and our desire to help out fellow farmers who have too many. So check back with us, but if all goes well, we hope to have their beautiful cherries here on the market on Saturday.
- Tart/Sour Cherries: These are coming to an end….come in the next few days if you want to try to get a few, they are now in the tops of the trees and you will need a ladder to reach them freeftpd. We are no longer picking any for the market. You must bring your own ladder!
- Lots of cherry activity this week, as we processed them into cherry brandy (thanks Bruce) and hard cider (thanks Becca).
- Blueberries–are ready!
- Picked blueberries available now in pints, quarts, 5 lb boxes and 10 lb boxes
- U-Pick Blueberries: We have a relatively small field compared to most major blueberry growers (only three acres), so our u-pick blueberries are for folks who just want to come over to pick a few pounds (limit of 10 pounds per group) for the experience scenario. We are open now for U-Pick. We will be open daily until they are all picked. We have an early and late variety, so expect them to go a few more weeks. Feel free to call ahead to make sure there is picking going on the day you are trying to come. 269-244-5690. If you are looking to pick a lot of blueberries, we recommend you try Brookside Farms, located in Paw Paw. They supply our picked berries and have a delightful farm for you to visit and pick at. 269-657-3500 or check their website: https://brooksidefarmsmi.com
Here’s what else is on the market now:
- Fresh sweet corn, green beans, broccoli, zucchini, cucumbers, yellow summer squash, fresh dug onions, cauliflower, peppers, red potatoes and peas
- Greenhouse tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers
- U-pick herbs: Find bags, scissors for cutting around the neck of the bird overlooking the herb garden. If you haven’t tried using freshly picked herbs you will be amazed at how they punctuate your food Vanishing Twin Download. So bring your recipes and pick away.
Organics! Lettuce, garlic scapes, basil, lots of cucumber, kale, cabbage, swiss chard, carrots, and some tomatoes including cherry tomatoes from the certified organic plot. We’ve also begun pulling some garlic bulbs for you. These are to use fresh! We will have cured garlic for winter storage later on in the year, and will also give you recipes for pickling (which is Becca’s preferred way to store garlic for use year round) Autocad 2014 Hangul download. Also, find large and small bags of basil picked on the weekends and a great recipe to make an easy vinaigrette that can be used in many ways. Eggplants and peppers are slowly making their way in as well.
Straw: We have extra bales of straw available for your mulching needs Chrome Daily Motion Download. They are $6/bale or 4 bales for $20.
Hard Ciders, Wine and Brandies: Becca bottled up Cherry Sage Cider this week! And Strawberry Cider and Afternoon Cider are both back! We’ve also got our Prince Tribute Cider, Brunch, Rhubarb, Ginger, Dry, Semi-Sweet, Sweet, Hopped, and Bark Bite. If you’re interested in a mead, our new United Squash Federation features a really mellow blend of ingredients, most notably buttercup squash and caramel Weekly download. It’s just a really soft, nice mead that comes in at about 8% alcohol by volume. We also have our full line of Hubbard’s Brandy, Double Cherry Wine, and Kaiser Cyser. If you’re looking for our cider outside of our farm, you can visit Rooster’s Wing Shack in Three Rivers, The Riviera Theatre in Three Rivers, Dussel’s in Cassopolis, Craft Beer Cellar in Grand Rapids, and as always, The Local in Centreville, Michigan web hard access.
Brandy tasting and tours are this Saturday with Bruce from 1 – 3 in the brandy room. Hard cider tastings are at the market 4-6 on Fridays and 3-6 on Saturdays. We’ll have many of our ciders on tap for flights and growler fills as well. Come sit and enjoy the space at the side of the market with a drink and pleasant conversation, and a view of the lake and our gardens gfile 다운로드. We look forward to seeing you rain or shine!
Bakery: Be sure to come see us in the bakery! If there is a favorite pie or something you want for the holiday, please feel free to call and have us save it back for you! 269-244-5690.
Bakery offerings for the weekend will be:
- Cookies: Cut Out Sugar, M&M “Monster” Cookies, Ginger Molasses, S’mores, Cherry White Chocolate Chip, Coconut Pecan, Zucchini Chocolate Chip, and Lemon
- Pies: Blueberry, Cherry, Peach, Strawberry Rhubarb, and Blueberry Glaze (available Fri, Sat, Sun)
- Breads: Whole Wheat, Whole Grain, Cinnamon, Vegetable, LaBrea Breads, Focaccia, Hamburger and Hotdog Buns
- Cinnamon Rolls, Sticky Buns, Yeast Donuts
- Assorted muffins
- Cake Donuts: Buttermilk, Blueberry, and Cherry (made on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)
- Gluten free sensations items in bakery freezer including pies, cookies, brownies, and cinnamon rolls!!
- Slushies (now in 2 sizes based on customer’s requests for larger size!)
- In the bakery freezer, Plainwell Vanilla Ice Cream, for pie a la mode! Pair with a cherry and blueberry pie and you’ve got your red, white and blue!
Everyone at the farm hopes to see you soon. Thanks as always for buying local.