This holiday weekend, along with all of you, we’d like to extend our appreciation to our veterans and active service members for all that they have given and sacrificed. We’d like to treat any veteran or active service member who comes to the market over the weekend and on Memorial Day Monday to a free cake donut. (Yes, we will be open our normal hours of 8 until 6 on Memorial Day.)
On the market now:
- We have fresh picked asparagus and will have it all weekend. Asparagus is finally starting to grow faster with some of these warm days. Pricing: $2.50 a pound; 10 pounds or more for $2.25 a pound.
- Fresh Rhubarb is also available, $2.50 a pound ppt 디자인 다운로드.
- Our large sweet onions, grown in 2018 and stored over the winter.
- Greenhouse cucumbers
- U-pick herbs: See list at the market for what you can pick now
- Organic produce from the Hoophouse: Spinach, Lettuce, Kale and radishes
Bedding plants: Vegetables, flower annuals, herbs and tomatoes. We have sold out of some plants, so feel free to call before you drive out to see if we have what you need.
Lettuce bowls, for your “pick your own salad. ” Pick and then let it grow back for your next salad.
Large tomato plants for your patio, porch or yard. We have regular size tomatoes, cherry and grape (perfect for snacking or putting on you salad.)
Bakery: Happy Memorial Day Weekend! To say “Thank you” to all our service men and women, past and present, come visit us in the bakery to receive a free cake donut of your choice Download 4K images! We will have cake donuts Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday for the Holiday Weekend!
This weekend in the bakery we will have our Cherry Berry pies! These have cherries, blueberries, and dried cranberries, which make a nice sweet/sour taste that we think you will like. (It’s Beth’s favorite!) This is also the last weekend for plain Rhubarb pies for this season. If you would like anything reserved, give us a call at 269-244-5690 and we would be happy to save it for you!
This weekend’s offerings will be:
- Cookies: Frosted Cut Outs, Frosted Lemon, M&M “Monster”, Chaos, Mudslide, and Salted Caramel
- Pies: Blueberry, Cherry, Rhubarb and Strawberry Rhubarb windows 10 iso file. Cherry Berry is available Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
- Breads: Whole Wheat, Honey Oatmeal, Cinnamon, Italian, Tuscan, Focaccia Hamburger and Hotdog Buns
- Cinnamon Rolls, Sticky Buns, Yeast Donuts
- Summer flavors cake donuts: Buttermilk, Blueberry, and Cherry (Available Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday for the holiday)
Also in the bakery you can find:
- Local Gluten free items
- Local Plainwell Ice cream to scoop out with pie.
- Jake’s Country Meats, pork products
- Welch’s juice products, from Lawton
- Country Home Creations herb and spice packets to make your own dressing or dip
- Our new line of local chocolates
While the erratic weather makes farming challenging, it also affects our baking. The temperature and humidity swings in the last few weeks have affected how our breads and donuts turn out. Sometimes too large, sometimes too small Naver Webtoon. So if you find an extra donut in your bag, it’s because we added extra if they came out small that day (or not round!!) We promise they still taste good no matter the shape or size:)
Alcohol offerings: Our brandies, wines and hard ciders available are:
- Brandies: Pear, Grape, Apple, Cherry, Peach, and Grappa
- Wines: Double Cherry and Kaiser Cyser
- Hard Cider flavors: Standard Dry, Standard Sweet, Preach, Blueberry, Hometown Hero, Cortabella, Currant/Cacoa, Elves, United Squash Federation, Ginger, Strawberry and Brunch.
In the next few weeks we will let you know how we will be doing tours and tastings this year. We’re a little late getting started because we have plants filling the spaces we need.
Due to popular demand Teresa has made more asparagus tamales to sell for the holiday weekend. They are $1.50 each, you may want to call and order ahead. 269-244-5690 종이의 집 시즌1 다운로드.
Happenings on the farm:
We looked at lots of weather apps on our phones, hoping that one might give us the weather we wanted, but sadly not. It continues to be a very difficult spring for farmers or anyone trying to work outdoors. The fields are still too wet for us to plant our vegetables, everything needs to be pollinated and the bees don’t like to come to work in the cold and rain. The cool wet spring is going to push things back, so stay tuned for when things will be in season this year. Sunday evening brought a double rainbow over the farm, so Mother Nature can do some pretty amazing things too!
We are poised and ready to plant our sunflowers the first chance we have when the field dries out SuperPowell Remix. This year’s sunflower experience will be in August and we’re excited about the plans we have for it. To get it kicked off, we are starting a sunflower growing contest for children called: Corey Lake Orchards 2019 “Growing Children Growing Sunflowers Contest”. All of the information you need for this is at the end of the email or pick up a flyer at the market.
Beth and Emma-Grace are planting a pollinator garden. It will be a work in process for several years as the perennials grow, but we hope you will enjoy it as much as we have getting it ready.
Our crop of strawberries and blueberries are in bloom and looking great, if all the blooms you see below turn into fruit, we’ll all be happy. Strawberry timing is about mid-June with blueberries in July. They will be late so check back with us for updated timing movie log.
Everyone at Corey Lake Orchards thanks you for buying local. Have a good weekend and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Reminder: Corey Lake Orchards will now be closed every Tuesday. We will continue to share this notice since it is a major change. As a small family business, we have begun to realize that to best serve our customers with an exceptional product and experience, we need a down day once per week to regroup, reorganize, and re-energize 조용필 다운로드.
Update from downtown Three Rivers:
DOWNTOWN IN BLOOM!
On behalf of the Three Rivers DDA/Main Street program, I would like to take a moment and introduce myself as the newly appointed Full Time Executive Director! My name is Tricia Meyer and I am a long-time resident of Three Rivers and an avid fan of our charming Historic Downtown!
I would invite and encourage each of you if you had not had the opportunity to check us out yet, to please be sure to come see all the new things in “store” for you! EAT, SHOP, PLAY and DRINK and Discover Downtown Again!
I am proud to boast we now have six wonderful, unique dining establishments right here in the heart of Main Street. Roosters, Landmark Taphouse and Grille, Main Street Café, Venue 45, Kelsey Block and the Riviera’s doors are wide open and ready to welcome you and serve up some delicious, mouth-watering entrees 캐논 스캐너 드라이버 다운로드!
We are gearing up for a great lineup of events this year that you will not want to miss out on! Sass in the City, Upstairs Downstairs Tour, Harmony Fest, Halloween Crawl, Christmas Around Town, Midnight on Main, Chili Cook Off and another fun Trivia Night are some of the great things coming down the pipe! For more details on dates and times please be sure to visit our Downtown Three Rivers Facebook page and our newly launched website www.trdda.net.
The City will again be offering their Movies in the Park with the first being “Spiderman – The Homecoming” being offered on June 14th.
Local artists will also be hosting a series of events such as the RED BARN ORIGINAL ART SALE, Saturday,, May 25 10 AM – 3 PM, 58338 West Clear Lake Rd, “Paint Out the Town” on June 29th, and “Focus on Three Rivers” on August 24th todo.
The list is endless and the opportunities are bountiful! If you have any questions or want more details on any of these exciting opportunities or you just want to get plugged into the fun, please feel free to email me at email@example.com or call me at 269.535.5145!
See you Downtown! Tricia Meyer
Corey Lake Orchards 2019 : “Growing Children Growing Sunflowers Contest”
Attention: Moms, Dads, Grandparents, Godparents, Aunts, Uncles, Teachers, and all
- Contest open to children 10 years and younger
- Purchase a sunflower book for $12.99 and receive a packet of 5 sunflower seeds free with book purchase.
- Plant seeds into the earth, water as needed, and keep weeds away so they can grow tall!
- Photograph the growth at least 4 times (see suggested schedule below) and send pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org. Corey Lake Orchards will share pictures, progress and the winners on their website and social media. Only child’s first name and last name initial will be used, like Sally G.
- Photo 1: When I Spy (when plant is first popping out of the ground)
- Photo 2: When Knee High (when plant reaches the child’s knees, measure with the sunflower growth chart in the book)
- Photo 3: When it Goes to the Sky (when it is as tall as the child, measure with the sunflower growth chart in the book)
- Photo 4: And Why? Your own unique photo and caption with the child (extra points if it rhymes!)
- Corey Lake Orchards will be the final judge, reviewing all pictures and captions.
- Prizes: Top 3 chosen to win will receive four tickets to Corey Lake Orchard’s Sunflower Experience in August
- All other qualifying entrants (must submit the four photos) will win a free donut and small slushy