After a long cold winter and a spring that often felt like winter, the first day of summer is upon us and its strawberry season! We have many ways to enhance your strawberry experience,
- In the Bakery find: Strawberry muffins, strawberry cookies, strawberry bars, strawberry juice, strawberry milk, strawberry cheesecake
- All things strawberry in our market breezeway, with tables and chairs for you to sit and enjoy your treats. What is All things strawberry? It’s Beth’s large personal strawberry collection she is sharing during strawberry season. Sorry, it is not for sale.
- Strawberry items: Toddler strawberry hats, strawberry journals, “Life is Good” strawberry shirts, berry bowls, strawberry honey straws, strawberry dog toys, and numerous other fun strawberry souvenirs to purchase for yourself or as a gift 네이버 영어사전 앱 다운로드.
- Free fun kid stuff: Check out the small shopping cart where you can find cootie catchers, stickers and temporary tattoos.
- Adults may want to check out our strawberry hard cider.
- And the strawberry purist can simply buy a quart of strawberries, wash and indulge!
Picked Strawberries: They are $4 a quart and $29 for an 8-quart flat. We will try to have flats on hand this weekend until we run out. We have been in contact with everyone on our order list so you no longer need to order these in advance. If you know you are coming out to get some, we are happy to hold them for you if you call us at 269-244-5690 파 프롬 홈 자막 다운로드.
U-Pick Strawberries: We will be open for U-Pick strawberries for the season on Friday, June 21st. Yes, it will be muddy!
- We pick by the quart, so please bring containers (bowls/tubs) to take your berries home. We will loan you quart boxes to pick in novel movie.
- We will be open every day except Tuesdays from 8 until 12 noon, unless we get picked out before then. We will open Wednesday evenings from 5 until 7, but you need to be started by 6pm. We do not have afternoon picking due to the afternoon heat.
- Our goal is to always have good picking for our customers so we close the field when all the picking for that day is complete. If it was to rain for days on end or get cold, we may have to close for a day Javaw exe.
- If you are trying to pick more than 40 quarts, please call us and we will put you on our “large picker” list and arrange a picking time with you, 269-244-5690.
Our website, our facebook page and our answering machine will always have the latest picking information so you can call the night before or the morning you are trying to come to make sure we are open Xerox Multi-Party Driver.
- U-Pick pricing is: $3.00 per quart up to 7 quarts; $21.00 for an 8 quart flat; and 16 quarts or more are $2.50 a quart.
Cherry update: We have a very small crop of sweet cherries this year due to the harsh winter. We will not have any U-Pick available. We have a good crop of sour/tart cherries and we will have these available for U-Pick. Check back with us toward the end of June for an update on when cherries will be ready Super Mario 3 download.
Available on the market now:
- Greenhouse tomatoes: Yes, it’s time for a BLT. We have the bread in the bakery, the lettuce in the market cooler, the bacon in the bakery freezer – just supply your own condiments 검블유 1화 다운로드!
- Fresh Rhubarb is also available, $2.50 a pound. The season is almost over.
- Greenhouse cucumbers: 4 different varieties
- Fresh cut broccoli
- U-pick herbs: See list at the market for what you can pick now
- Lettuce, Kale, Swiss Chard, and Spinach from our fields
- Happy Strawberry season!! This weekend in the bakery we have shifted into everything strawberry! We have our homemade shortcakes which are fantastic with fresh strawberries on top, strawberry and blossom cut out cookies, strawberry muffins, strawberry dessert bars, and last but definitely not least a new pie — Strawberry Cheesecake! This is a soft pie that will be available Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. It is our delicious scratch made pie crust filled with a sweet cream cheese filling topped with fresh strawberries and glaze. This is a must try! If you would like anything reserved, give us a call at 269-244-5690 and we would be happy to save it for you! This weekend’s offerings will be:
- Cookies: Strawberry and Blossom Cut Outs, Frosted Lemon, M&M “Monster”, Chaos, Mudslide, and Salted Caramel
- Pies: Blueberry, Cherry, and Strawberry Rhubarb Roll mouse cursor download. Strawberry Cheesecake pie is available Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
- Breads: New; Mill Grain, Wheat and Rye Herb, Potato Scallion, and Herb Baguette. Whole Wheat, Honey Oatmeal, Cinnamon, Italian, Tuscan, Focaccia, Hamburger and Hotdog Buns
- Cinnamon Rolls, Sticky Buns, Yeast Donuts
- Dessert bars: Strawberry, peanut butter mousse, chocolate caramel, lemon burst, chocolate truffle.
- Summer flavors cake donuts: Buttermilk, Blueberry, and Cherry (Available Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)
Also in the bakery you can find:
- Local Gluten free items
- Local Plainwell Ice cream to scoop out with pie iPhone movies.
- Jake’s Country Meats, pork products
- Welch’s juice products, from Lawton
- Country Home Creations herb and spice packets to make your own dressing or dip
- Local chocolates
- Brandies: Pear, Grape, Apple, Cherry, Peach, and Grappa
- Rye Whiskey
- Wines: Double Cherry and Kaiser Cyser
- Hard Cider flavors: Standard Dry, Standard Sweet, Preach, Bark Bite, Blueberry, Hometown Hero, Cortabella, Currant/Cacoa, Elves, United Squash Federation, Ginger, Strawberry and Brunch.
- Brandy tours and tasting is available every Saturday from 1 until 3, in the Brandy Barn/Distillery. Bruce, our brandy maker will be there to welcome you, talk with you about our process, offer sample of brandy and some hard ciders as well! It’s always an interesting and fun experience Mamme Tekken download.
- Welcome back to Happy Hour! Find this in the market breezeway on Saturday from 3 until 6. We’ll have bottle of hard ciders in the cooler for you to purchase. On our menu you’ll find both savory and sweet treats to enjoy with your ciders. Pack your market/bakery shopping basket and settle in for a relaxing repast.
Happenings on the farm: It rained….so pretty much everything we did was rain related. We watched it rain, we emptied rain gages, we got stuck in fields, we watched fields fill up with water…..and repeated that!
We have been busy for the past month training our farm team in the new Food Safety Regulations for produce. Brenda, Beth and Michaela are all certified trainers who are teaching and setting in place systems for how we grow, harvest, pack and process. As we implement these, we will make you aware of the changes where we need your help. One of these is your support and understanding of our “dog on the farm policy.”* For those of you with a furry friend in your family, please read this at the end. Thank-you.
- Everyone at Corey Lake Orchards thanks you for buying local. Have a good weekend and we look forward to seeing you soon!
- Reminder: Corey Lake Orchards will now be closed every Tuesday. We will continue to share this notice since it is a major change. As a small family business, we have begun to realize that to best serve our customers with an exceptional product and experience, we need a down day once per week to regroup, reorganize, and re-energize.
*Corey Lake Orchards Dog Policy
We love dogs too! Especially well-behaved, socialized dogs, but please keep them on a leash and pick up after them. Due to Federal Food Safety regulations, no dogs are allowed in food retail areas including the farm market, bakery and brandy distillery, as well as pick-your-own areas. During some of our peak season activities which draw many folks out to the farm, we would encourage you to leave your dog at home where they will be more comfortable than around large groups of people. We have many open areas surrounding the main farm complex where you can be with your dog and designated areas near the you-pick locations. Any of our staff will be happy to help you with this. Poorly behaved dogs causing issues will be asked to leave.
Pat, Mary Anne, and their cute dog Sandy are frequent visitors to the farm. Sandy waits patiently while each of them take turns shopping, often greeting customers!
We thank you for your understanding, Corey Lake Orchards