What a beautiful week we have had so far. Our fruits and vegetables are loving the cooler temperatures and so are we!
Yes, sweet corn is finally here! Our first variety is an early one called “kick off” which is incredibly sweet. To celebrate sweet corn season we are offering a weekend special. $6 a dozen, 3 dozen or more for $5 a dozen. We’d encourage you to cook up some extra as everyone will want more than a few ears Egyptian Prince! If you want to can or freeze, we’d recommend you wait for our later corn coming in a few weeks.
Now that we have sweet corn, the most frequently asked questions is about tomatoes….When will tomatoes be ready from the field? Answer: They are just starting to turn red, they are delayed due to the cool spring. Meanwhile, we sill continue with tomatoes coming out of our greenhouse and supplementing from Indiana. Can we get green tomatoes? Answer: Yes, since so many of you can’t wait any longer for a fried green tomato, we will have them on the market this weekend!
Save the Date! Our 3rd Annual All Things Local “Downtown to Down Home” festival is Sunday, August 4th from 11 am to 3 pm. Come join us for art, food, music, and displays from a variety of local vendors and organizations. You can find more details at the end of this post.**
Blueberry season is in full swing WonderBoy!
Blueberry picking! We are open from 8 until 1 for U-pick blueberries. We have lots of beautiful blueberries to pick. Since we currently have so many, we are allowing folks to pick as many as they would like (no limit) and if you pick 10 pounds ore more, the price is $1.50 a pound. If you pick under 10 pounds, the U-Pick blueberry price is $2 a pound 꿀뮤직 음악 다운로드.
Picked Blueberry update: We are bringing picked blueberries in to sell at the market from Brookside Farms as we have for many years. These are available by the pint, quart, 5 lb box or 10 pound box.
Here’s what is on the market now:
- Fresh broccoli, zucchini, kohlrabi, cabbage, cucumbers, yellow summer squash, fresh dug onions, cauliflower, kale, lettuce, swiss chard, garlic scapes, cucumbers, peas, new potatoes (Red Norland and Yukon Gold), green beans, brussel sprouts, cherry tomatoes
- Organic cherry tomatoes, regular tomatoes and garlic
- Greenhouse tomatoes and cucumbers
- U-pick herbs are ready. There are bags and scissors for cutting around the neck of the bird overlooking the herb garden autokms. We no longer have any rosemary, thanks to our little rabbit friends:(
Lodi apples are coming! We have a few for sale now by the pound and expect to harvest most of the crop next week. We will be calling everyone then who have ordered them in advance. We are still taking orders, please call us at 269-244-5690. These are many folks favorite for making a green/tart applesauce, the first of the season.
Are you looking for larger quantities to can, pickle or freeze? Just call or stop in the market to get on the lists we keep for bushels of pickling cucumbers, green beans, tomatoes, peppers, sweet corn and other produce illustration cs5. Many of our staff members can, freeze and pickle produce, so seek them out with your questions.
This weekend in the bakery we still have the blues: Blueberry Rhubarb pies, Fresh Blueberry Glaze pies, Blueberry muffins, and Blueberry scones! We will have fall flavored donuts-Apple cider, Pumpkin and Buttermilk (available Friday, Saturday, and Sunday). If you would like anything reserved, give us a call at 269-244-5690 and we would be happy to save it for you!
This weekend’s offerings will be:
- Cookies: Unicorn Cut Outs cookies are back 호리드헨리 다운로드! Frosted Lemon, M&M “Monster”, Zucchini Chocolate Chip, Chaos, Mudslide, and Salted Caramel
- Pies: Blueberry, Blueberry Rhubarb, Cherry, and Strawberry Rhubarb. Fresh Blueberry Glaze pie is available Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
- Breads: Mill Grain, Wheat and Rye Herb, Potato Scallion, and Herb Baguette. Whole Wheat, Honey Oatmeal, Cinnamon, Italian, Tuscan, Hamburger and Hotdog Buns
- Note: We are sorry we will not have focaccia bread until September due to a supplier issue:(
- Cinnamon Rolls, Sticky Buns, Yeast Donuts, muffins, scones
- Dessert bars: Strawberry, peanut butter mousse, chocolate caramel, lemon burst, chocolate truffle.
- New dessert bars: Key lime pie bomb, chocolate and white mousse
- Fall flavors cake donuts: Buttermilk, Apple Cider, and Pumpkin (Available Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)
- Slushies- Check out our new slushie machine, now featuring 3 flavors; Unpasteurized Apple Cider, White Grape Peach, and Grape blend.
Also in the bakery you can find:
- Local Gluten free items
- Local Plainwell Ice cream to scoop out with pie 본고딕체 다운로드.
- Jake’s Country Meats, pork products
- Welch’s juice products, from Lawton
- Local chocolates —we are restocked now on dark chocolate!
- Brandies: Pear, Grape, Apple, Cherry, Peach, and Grappa
- Rye Whiskey
- Wines: Double Cherry and Kaiser Cyser
- Hard Cider flavors: Standard Dry, Standard Sweet, Bark Bite, Cortabella, Currant/Cacoa, Elves, United Squash Federation, Ginger, Strawberry and Brunch Microsoft Office 2013 download.
- Brandy tours and tasting is available every Saturday from 1 until 3 pm, in the Brandy Barn/Distillery. Bruce, our brandy maker will be there to welcome you, talk with you about our process, offer sample brandy and some hard ciders as well! It’s always an interesting and fun experience.
- Welcome back to Happy Hour Santa Claus Inn Trouble Download! Happy Hour, with free cider samples for the tasting, happens on Saturday from 3 to 6 in the breezeway. If you want to taste more than the three free samples, ciders can be purchased for continued enjoyment here or to take home.
Everyone at Corey Lake Orchards thanks you for buying local!
Reminder: Corey Lake Orchards is closed every Tuesday windows 2012 r2 한글 언어팩 다운로드. We will continue to share this notice since it is a major change. As a small family business, we have begun to realize that to best serve our customers with an exceptional product and experience, we need a down day once per week to regroup, reorganize, and re-energize.