We certainly have the heat of summer (and maybe a bit more than any of us would like!) plus the market chock full of summer produce coming in. The only thing we need to declare it officially summer is sweet corn…..and we hope to have that within a week. The heat is making everything ripen quicker than normal so we have lots of everything all of a sudden. Fresh vegetables, raw or cooked, are perfect for a lighter meal and snacks on these miserably hot days. Keep the heat out of the house by grilling a bunch of them! Nothing like grilled vegetables tossed into a salad or use them in sandwiches Minecraft 0.15.0 apk.
Save the Date! Our 3rd Annual All Things Local “Downtown to Down Home” festival is Sunday, August 4th from 11 am to 3 pm. Come join us for art, food, music, and displays from a variety of local vendors and organizations. More details to follow…but save the date.
Blueberry season is in full swing!
Blueberry picking 뽐뿌 유튜브 다운로드! We are open from 8 until 1 for U-pick blueberries. We have lots of beautiful blueberries to pick. Since we currently have so many, we are allowing folks to pick as many as they would like (no limit) and if you pick 10 pounds ore more, the price is $1.50 a pound. If you pick under 10 pounds, the U-Pick blueberry price is $2 a pound.
Picked Blueberry update: We are bringing picked blueberries in to sell at the market from Brookside Farms as we have for many years. These are available by the pint, quart, 5 lb box or 10 pound box Study and rock.
Here’s what is on the market now:
- Fresh broccoli, zucchini, kohlrabi, cabbage, cucumbers, yellow summer squash, fresh dug onions, cauliflower, kale, lettuce, swiss chard, garlic scapes, cucumbers, snow peas and sugar snap peas, new potatoes, green beans, brussel sprouts
- Greenhouse tomatoes and cucumbers
- U-pick herbs are ready. There are bags and scissors for cutting around the neck of the bird overlooking the herb garden.
Tart/Sour Cherries: We have some already picked on the market that we are picking at Schultz’s Fruitridge Farm in Mattawan php 여러 파일 다운로드. We will only have them for a few more days, then cherry season comes to a close.
Lodi apples are coming! These are many folks favorite for making a green/tart applesauce, the first of the season. We have a good crop and are taking orders for them now!
Are you looking for larger quantities to can, pickle or freeze? Just call or stop in the market to get on the lists we keep for bushels of pickling cucumbers, green beans, tomatoes, peppers, sweet corn and other produce Photoscape x Download. Many of our staff members can, freeze and pickle produce, so seek them out with your questions.
This weekend in the bakery we are feeling very blue-berry! We will have Blueberry Rhubarb pies, Fresh Blueberry Glaze pies, and our famous Blueberry Zucchini Bread! We are also switching to fall flavored donuts-Apple cider, Pumpkin and Buttermilk (available Friday, Saturday, and Sunday). We always hear from our summer customers how much they miss not being here in the fall for these flavors, plus if we put our minds to it, maybe we can make it feel like fall and not feel so hot! If you would like anything reserved, give us a call at 269-244-5690 and we would be happy to save it for you!
This weekend’s offerings will be:
- Cookies: Pig Cut Outs, Frosted Lemon, M&M “Monster”, Zucchini Chocolate Chip, Chaos, Mudslide, and Salted Caramel
- Pies: Blueberry, Blueberry Rhubarb, Cherry, and Strawberry Rhubarb One for mixed martial arts men and women. Fresh Blueberry Glaze pie is available Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
- Breads: Mill Grain, Wheat and Rye Herb, Potato Scallion, and Herb Baguette. Blueberry Zucchini, Whole Wheat, Honey Oatmeal, Cinnamon, Italian, Tuscan, Focaccia, Hamburger and Hotdog Buns
- Cinnamon Rolls, Sticky Buns, Yeast Donuts, muffins, scones
- Dessert bars: Strawberry, peanut butter mousse, chocolate caramel, lemon burst, chocolate truffle.
- Fall flavors cake donuts: Buttermilk, Apple Cider, and Pumpkin (Available Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)
- Slushies- Check out our new slushie machine, now featuring 3 flavors; Unpasteurized Apple Cider, White Grape Peach, and Grape blend.
Also in the bakery you can find:
- Local Gluten free items
- Local Plainwell Ice cream to scoop out with pie Hungry Shark Evolution.
- Jake’s Country Meats, pork products
- Welch’s juice products, from Lawton
- Local chocolates —we are restocked now on dark chocolate!
- Brandies: Pear, Grape, Apple, Cherry, Peach, and Grappa
- Rye Whiskey
- Wines: Double Cherry and Kaiser Cyser
- Hard Cider flavors: Standard Dry, Standard Sweet, Preach, Bark Bite, Blueberry, Hometown Hero, Cortabella, Currant/Cacoa, Elves, United Squash Federation, Ginger, Strawberry and Brunch 스케치업 pro 2017 다운로드.
- Brandy tours and tasting is available every Saturday from 1 until 3 pm, in the Brandy Barn/Distillery. Bruce, our brandy maker will be there to welcome you, talk with you about our process, offer sample brandy and some hard ciders as well! It’s always an interesting and fun experience.
- Welcome back to Happy Hour! Happy Hour, with free cider samples for the tasting, happens on Saturday from 3 to 6 in the breezeway. If you want to taste more than the three free samples, ciders can be purchased for continued enjoyment here or to take home Cheat engine 6.4.
Happenings on the farm: Finding ways to stay cool and keep our produce cool 🙁 Everyone at Corey Lake Orchards thanks you for buying local. We hope to see you soon and remember, eat your fruits and veggies in this heat, please! While keeping hydrated….
Reminder: Corey Lake Orchards is closed every Tuesday 맥 모하비 다운로드. We will continue to share this notice since it is a major change. As a small family business, we have begun to realize that to best serve our customers with an exceptional product and experience, we need a down day once per week to regroup, reorganize, and re-energize.