The Peach Story: Yes, we will all miss the joy of fresh sweet juice running down our chins after biting into that most luscious of summer fruits: the peach. Fresh peaches will not be making an appearance this season,* but we are going to celebrate their flavor in various forms. We invite you to come and experience the plethora of peach products we have in store for your eating and drinking pleasure. We think you’ll find everything “just peachy”.
- Peach Honey Sticks
- Peach Salsa
- Peach Jam
- Peach Butter
- Peach Pie
- Peach Brandy
- Peach Wine (coming soon)
- Peach Slushies
*We lost our peach crop, as did most of Southwest Michigan in this winter’s freezing temperatures due to the polar vortex word card.
Sunflowers are ready!
- We are opening our 3-acre field of sunflowers to create a unique and memorable experience for you. Around 50,000 happy sunflowers await you for viewing, walking through, photographing, and just plain enjoying. Check out the fields of blooming buckwheat and thriving soybeans too!
- The sunflower field will open on Friday, August 9th and be open every day (except Tuesdays when we are closed) while the sunflowers are in their prime, which is typically 2 to 3 weeks. Depending on the weather, we hope to have this available through August 24th. The field is open from 9 until 5 daily samsung galaxy photos. Please call before traveling far to make sure the sunflowers are still in bloom and available. To have a better experience, we encourage you to come during the weekdays when we have fewer guests.
- Cost of admission to the sunflower field is:
- $5.00 for anyone 11 years old and up
- $3.00 for accompanied children 3 to 10 years
- Free to children 2 years or younger
- Please check in at the market for tickets and directions to the field
- This admission fee for each ticket holder includes:
- The opportunity to cut 1 sunflower per person (cutting tool provided)
- Receive a bag and water for taking it home
- Walk through the meandering paths that go through the field 스케치업 메이크 2018 다운로드. Long path: approximately ¼ of a mile long or take the short path from the entrance straight back to the parking lot. (Please wear good walking shoes–this is a field path)
- Educational information posted throughout the farm
- Photo opportunities available at the field entrance as well as the along the walking pathway
- Picnic tables, hay bales to sit and relax in
- Parking adjacent to the field
- RTV Rides for people with mobility issues or folks who can’t walk through the sunflowers or prefer a ride. Depending on how many people need this service there may be a small wait as we try to accommodate and include everybody in the fun.
- Safety: Your safety is of the utmost importance to us and we have worked hard to make this a great experience. But we are a working farm and you will be in a field where natural farm hazards exist such as
- Uneven ground on the pathways (wear walking shoes)
- Tripping hazards like a rock or a sunflower stalk
- Bees and other insects sharing the field with you
- Pollen from the flowers and other weeds for those with allergy issues
- An occasional tractor/ truck passing through with our crew harvesting produce
- Additional flowers, when available, can be cut and purchased for $2 each Download Castle Crasher. We also have decorative vases for purchase.
Attention Photographers! We have photo opportunities and packages available for professional photographers. Now is the time for senior photos, engagement photos, family photos, and more. The fee to use our sunflower, soybean, and buckwheat fields is $25 for a single session and $60 for a three-hour time slot. We have a portion of the Sunflower field set aside for photographer-use only. The field is also available in the evenings. There is no admission fee for the photographer, but clients will need to pay admission. Please contact Brenda at Brenda@CoreyLakeOrchards.com for more information or to book an appointment 하늘 도마뱀 만세력 다운로드.
What is on the market now:
- Fresh zucchini, cabbage, cucumbers, yellow summer squash, fresh dug onions, cauliflower, kale, swiss chard, cucumbers, peas, new potatoes (Red Norland and Yukon Gold), green beans, brussel sprouts, cherry tomatoes, spaghetti squash.
- Organic cherry tomatoes, regular tomatoes and garlic
- Greenhouse tomatoes and field tomatoes
- Fruit: Blueberries and Cantaloupe Melons. Blueberry U-Pick is still available, Call for information 뉴 굴림 다운로드.
- U-pick herbs
- U-Pick flowers
Are you looking for larger quantities to can, pickle or freeze? Just call or stop in the market to get on the lists we keep for bushels of green beans, tomatoes, peppers, sweet corn and other produce. Many of our staff members can, freeze and pickle produce, so seek them out with your questions.
New on the market and in the bakery are jams, jellies, butters and salsa’s. All made locally Overwatch Image Search!
This weekend in the bakery we are peachy keen: This weekend we will have our peach pies and berry peachy pie (blueberries and peaches). This is a great way to get your peach craving fix! We will have fall flavored donuts-Apple cider, Pumpkin and Buttermilk (available Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) New Honey Music. If you would like anything reserved, give us a call at 269-244-5690 and we would be happy to save it for you!
This weekend’s offerings will be:
- Cookies: Sunflower Cut Out cookies, Frosted Lemon, M&M “Monster”, Zucchini Chocolate Chip, Chaos, Mudslide, and Salted Caramel
- Pies: Berry Peachy (peaches and blueberries), Blueberry, Cherry, Peach, and Strawberry Rhubarb. Fresh Blueberry Glaze pie is available Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
- Breads: Mill Grain, Wheat and Rye Herb, Potato Scallion, and Herb Baguette. Whole Wheat, Honey Oatmeal, Cinnamon, Italian, Tuscan, Hamburger and Hotdog Buns
- Note: We are sorry we will not have focaccia bread until September due to a supplier issue:(
- Cinnamon Rolls, Sticky Buns, Yeast Donuts, muffins, sconesDessert bars: Strawberry, peanut butter mousse, chocolate caramel, lemon burst, chocolate truffle, Key lime pie bomb, chocolate and white mousse
- Fall flavors cake donuts: Buttermilk, Apple Cider, and Pumpkin (Available Friday, Saturday, and Sunday)
- Slushies- Check out our new slushie machine, now featuring 3 flavors; Unpasteurized Apple Cider, White Grape Peach, and Grape blend.
Also in the bakery you can find:
- Local Gluten free items
- Local Plainwell Ice cream to scoop out with pie 몬무스 패러독스 다운로드.
- Jake’s Country Meats, pork products
- Welch’s juice products, from Lawton
- Local chocolates —we are restocked now on dark chocolate!
- Brandies: Pear, Grape, Apple, Cherry, Peach, and Grappa
- Rye Whiskey
- Wines: Double Cherry and Kaiser Cyser
- Hard Cider flavors: Standard Dry, Standard Sweet, Bark Bite, Cortabella, Currant/Cacoa, United Squash Federation, Ginger, Strawberry and Brunch 기억할게 다운로드.
- Brandy tours and tasting is available every Saturday from 1 until 3 pm, in the Brandy Barn/Distillery. Bruce, our brandy maker will be there to welcome you, talk with you about our process, offer sample brandy and some hard ciders as well! It’s always an interesting and fun experience.
- Welcome back to Happy Hour! Happy Hour, with free cider samples for the tasting, happens on Saturday from 3 to 6. This weekend find us in the “onion barn” at the top of the hill. If you want to taste more than the three free samples, ciders can be purchased for continued enjoyment here or to take home.
Happenings on the farm:
It was a “get ready for sunflowers” week for sure. We all lived, breathed and dreamed sunflowers as many helping hands got our field ready. We hope you enjoy their hard work!
Everyone at Corey Lake Orchards appreciates you buying local!
Reminder: Corey Lake Orchards is closed every Tuesday. We will continue to share this notice since it is a major change. As a small family business, we have begun to realize that to best serve our customers with an exceptional product and experience, we need a down day once per week to regroup, reorganize, and re-energize.