Sour Cherries: We will open the U-Pick Sour Cherries on Wednesday, June 16th. They will be 75 cents per pound to pick, if you pick over 100 pounds, they will be 60 cents a pound. We have a smaller crop than normal this year due to some freeze and hail damage. The variety we have is Montmorency.
- 75 cents per pound to pick
- 60 cents per pound for 100 pounds and over
- The sour cherry trees are about 10 – 20 feet tall. For good picking, you should bring your own ladder.
- Be sure to dress appropriately (closed shoes, long pants and sleeves) as you many run into poison ivy/sumac in the orchard area, among other hazards.
- Please bring your own containers. We have buckets you may borrow to pick in, then you can transfer to your own containers (bowls, tubs, buckets, etc.)
- Check in at the market first for directions and to weigh the containers you are picking in.
Picked Sour cherries: $3.00 per quart (approximately 2 pounds). Orders of 30 pounds or more are $1.25 pound, please call and order these in advance.
Sweet Cherry Update:
We opened for sweet cherry picking on June 12th. We still have plenty left, but you will need a ladder to reach most of them. Here are some pictures taken over the last several days of Sweet Cherry Picking:
How Long will the Cherries last? This is definitely the most frequently asked question and one that we unfortunately do not have a good answer to. It will depend on how many people come out to pick and also on the weather. The amount of rain we have been getting is causing the cherries to split. The best advice we have is for you to call the market between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. on 269-244-5690 and we’ll tell you what the latest is.
Strawberries: Strawberries are winding down for the season. We will try to have picked strawberrries on the market through Saturday June 19th as well as U-Pick .
Hope to see you during Cherry season!!